|Skill Level||Never snowmobiled before > Expert|
|Age||19 years and above|
|Time||Total Experience: 8 hours|
|Price||$949 per person
Includes: guide, sled, fuel, avalanche equipment, gear, lunch.
Sled Ski Tour
Looking for an adventure of a life time?
Our guides and a ACMG certified guide will take you on a sled adventure to ski powder in Golden’s ultimate backcountry.
This tour will teach you how to ride a snowmobile into the backcountry to find a ski experience like no other.
- Meet at GSR shop at 8:30 (or earlier if necessary) to sign waivers and fill out required paper work.
- Get fitted for riding gear if needed (jacket, pants, helmet, goggles, gloves, boots etc.)
- Sign out avalanche equipment (beacon, probe, shovel, backpack (or airbag if interested)
- Drive personal vehicles to predetermine trail head.
- Pre-ride speeches, safety protocols, weather analysis, avalanche forecast
- Trail ride to desired riding location.
- This is where this trip may vary from the standard snowmobile experience. We will go through the proper techniques of “tandeming” and practice as a group.
- If your skill set allows we can travel deeper into more technical terrain and see the reaches of our tenure. We can explore further and even get into terrain where very few people go.
- Depending on weather we do our best to make sure you get the most of your day and get as many laps as possible.
- Guests can either return their rental riding gear to the guide in the parking lot, or bring it back to the GSR shop to get changed.
You need to bring your own powder skis or snowboard and boots.
You need to wear warm clothes (ski clothing is great), long underwear and hat (for when we stop).
Please bring your own snacks and drinks (no alcohol).
Please bring $25 for trail fees (can be paid by cash, debit or credit card) at the trail head
Any medical requirements, medications, puffers, epi pens, etc.
PLEASE inform GSR of any medical conditions and medications prior to departure.
We provide the following:
- Ski/Snowboard Rack
- Snowmobile Delivery
- Full Face Snowmobile Helmet
- Avalanche Equipment
- Lunch (please feel free to bring extra snacks and drinks (no alcohol))