|Clinic Dates||Dec 11th 2021
Dec 18th 2021
|Experience||Beginner > Advanced|
|Price||$250 per person
Sled rental not included
Mountain Sledding Workshop
ONE DAY WORKSHOP
Looking for a COVID friendly way to jump start your snowmobile season? A Mountain Sledding Workshop is the perfect way get out with a few professional mountain guides/coaches and knock the cobwebs off your gear and your skills! A quick overview of your avalanche equipment and a brief refresher on companion rescue will jumpstart the morning before coaches go over proper riding technique, create opportunities to practice, a refresh on what’s in their bag, along with tips and tricks to make your riding days roll as smooth as possible.
There is no way to get back in the ‘swing of things’ then by surrounding yourself with likeminded riders and a few professionals to reset your routines. Our coaches and guides are very skilled riders that love to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for the backcountry.
- Meet at GSR at 8:30am
- Go to assigned rider area parking lot
- Each coach will go over pre-trip planning, avalanche forecast, weather forecast, Safety equipment checks, trail etiquette, and general “house cleaning”
- Each coach will then take group to their first skill workshop.
- Group will then rotate throughout the day to different locations.
- Lunch, snacks, drinks NOT included (no alcohol)
Workshops (based on skill levels) include:
- Rider positioning
- Throttle control
- Momentum vs. track speed
- Wrong foot forward
- Panel slides
- Small jumps
- Belt adjustment
- Track tension
- Handle bar height
- Control positioning
- What to carry in your bag
- Equipment checks
- Communication equipment (what we carry and why)
- Modern Mountain Snowmobile (we have a fleet of current AXYS RMK’S)
- Safety gear (basic first aid kit)
- Avalanche safety equipment (modern transceiver with new batteries, probe, shovel, pack)
- Spare belt
- Basic tool kit (at least the OEM kit)
- Riding Gear (Base & mid layer, jacket, pants, boots, helmet, goggles x 2, hat and gloves x 2, etc)
- Please inform us of any medical conditions prior to arrival (this information will remain confidential).
- You are responsible for Lunch, Snacks, and drinks (no alcohol).
- If you require any of the above, it can be purchased or rented from GSR. Please call ahead of time to arrange.
- Trail day pass not included.