|Clinic Dates||December 7, 2019|
|Experience||Beginner > Advanced|
|Price||$350 per person (1 day)|
Mountain Sledding Workshop
ONE DAY WORKSHOP / SEASON OPENER SPECIAL
Kick your season off right with a Mountain Sledding Workshop! How about circuit training to knock the dust off you and your sled? Develop good habits like pre-trip planning, safety equipment checks, and companion rescue training, along with some manufacturer demos, and of course, technical riding techniques and general riding habits.
This is the opportunity to gain confidence with your machine and your gear and have a good time doing it! Come by yourself or bring your friends.
Lets have some fun and get the season started off right.
- Meet at GSR at 8:30am
- Go to assigned rider area parking lot
- Each coach will go over pre-trip planning, avalanche forecast, weather forecast, Safety equipment checks, trail etiquette, and general “house cleaning”
- Each coach will then take group to their first skill workshop.
- Group will then rotate throughout the morning.
- Lunch, snacks, drinks not included (no alcohol)
- More workshops after lunch
- Social wrap up with coaches TBD location
Workshops (based on skill levels) include:
- Rider positioning
- Throttle control
- Momentum vs. track speed
- Wrong foot forward
- Panel slides
- Small jumps
- Belt adjustment
- Track tension
- Handle bar height
- Control positioning
- What to carry in your bag
- Equipment checks
- Communication equipment (what we carry and why)
- Modern Mountain Snowmobile (we have a fleet of current AXYS RMK’S)
- Safety gear (basic first aid kit)
- Avalanche safety equipment (modern transceiver with new batteries, probe, shovel, pack)
- Spare belt
- Basic tool kit (at least the OEM kit)
- Riding Gear (Base & mid layer, jacket, pants, boots, helmet, goggles x 2, hat and gloves x 2, etc)
- Please inform us of any medical conditions prior to arrival (this information will remain confidential).
- You are responsible for Lunch, Snacks, and drinks (no alcohol).
- If you require any of the above, it can be purchased or rented from GSR. Please call ahead of time to arrange.
- Trail day pass not included.