|Clinic Dates||February 22, 2020|
|Experience||Intermediate > Advanced|
|Price||$550 per person (1 day)|
Mountain Sledding Skills Level 3
Have you been riding for years and are looking for a way to sharpen your skill set? Get further out then before? See new terrain? Most intermediate/advanced mountain sledders have the basic skills needed to negotiate the backcountry and what skills they are lacking, modern snowmobiles help tighten up the slack.
This clinic is designed to open your eyes to proper technique, route finding, terrain selection and management, as well as, time dedicated to group dynamics and safety. The more time we spend in the backcountry the more risk we expose ourselves to.
Over the course of the day we revisit the ideal of risk vs. reward and making educated decisions when playing in a winter wonderland.
It’s important to remember when signing up for this clinic that you must consider yourself a minimum intermediate level rider capable of small sidehills, can confidently negotiate basic terrain, and completed an AST Level 1 avalanche course.
- 8:30 meet and greet at GSR for weather / safety / pre-trip planning
- Morning meeting at GSR for weather / pre-trip planning
- Drive to appropriate trailhead
- Riding workshop (continuation from Day 1)
- Lunch (bring your own lunch or we can order you lunch from Bluebird Café)
- Avalanche rescue scenario / debrief
Workshops (based on skill levels) include:
- Rider positioning
- Throttle control
- Momentum vs. track speed
- Wrong foot forward
- Panel slides
- Small jumps
- Belt adjustment
- Track tension
- Handle bar height
- Control positioning
- What to carry in your bag
- Equipment checks
- Communication equipment (what we carry and why)
- Modern Mountain Snowmobile (we have a fleet of current AXYS RMK’S)
- Safety gear (basic first aid kit)
- Avalanche safety equipment (modern transceiver with new batteries, probe, shovel, pack)
- Spare belt
- Basic tool kit (at least the OEM kit)
- Riding Gear (Base & mid layer, jacket, pants, boots, helmet, goggles x 2, hat and gloves x 2, etc)
- Please inform us of any medical conditions prior to arrival (this information will remain confidential).
- You are responsible for Lunch, Snacks, and drinks (no alcohol).
- If you require any of the above, it can be purchased or rented from GSR. Please call ahead of time to arrange.
- Trail day pass not included.