|Clinic Dates||Phone or email to inquire|
|Experience||Beginner > Advanced|
|Price||$700 per person
Sled rental not included
BCSF SledSafe Industrial Operators Course
TWO DAY WORKSHOP
These courses are the only snowmobile programs recognized by Worksafe BC. Taught by our certified instructors these courses are designed to give you the skills to operate your snowmobile safely and effectively in the field. Course content and material developed by the CAC; and the snowmobile operator courses are provided through the BC Snowmobile Federation (BCSF).
Two-day 14 hour program consisting of discussion, demonstration, lessons, and skill-building. Itinerary will be tailored for group size.
The discussion lessons provide discovery of the principals and procedures of operating a snowmobile.
The riding lessons provide hands-on proactive riding exercises under the supervision of an instructor. Participants receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program.
At GSR our program covers the Safe Operator and Worksafe BC requirements as well as more complex riding skills. Skills such as loading and unloading your equipment and ensuring your machine is safe to operate. We will cover a broad range of topics including general upkeep/maintenance, safety, day & night travel. We will also cover more extensive riding techniques including side hilling and how to get unstuck in powder & what to carry in your backpack for those who are required to be in the backcountry.
- Sled Rentals not included, add one from the booking cart if necessary.
- All operators of snowmobiles MUST have a valid drivers license.
- In order to rent a snowmobile you must be 19 years or older.
What You Need
- Modern mountain snowmobile (we have a fleet of current AXYS RMK’S)
- Safety gear (basic first aid kit)
- Avalanche safety equipment (modern transceiver with new batteries, probe, shovel, pack)
- Spare belt
- Basic tool kit (at least the OEM kit)
- Riding Gear (Base & mid layer, jacket, pants, boots, helmet, goggles x 2, hat and gloves x 2, etc)
- Please inform us of any medical conditions prior to arrival (this information will remain confidential).
- You are responsible for Lunch, Snacks, and drinks (no alcohol).